Sunday, May 29, 2016

EPITOME OF FLAIR - DANIELLE MANN




Who are you? 
Hi I’m Danielle Mann and I’m the head designer and owner of Black Lagoon Designs which is a primarily Tiki and vintage styled art hub that has produced tiki, trophies and other items for international magazines, festivals, tattoo studios, hot rod shops and bands just to name a few.
Describe your fashion style

Vintage (or vintage inspired) Hawaiian


Who is your favourite style icon & why?
Most probably Carmen Miranda or any of the ‘Mystery Girls’ from the Mai Kai in Florida (The Mai Kai an amazing and still operating Tiki bar and one of the oldest in the world – ‘Mystery Girls’ served drinks to Mai Kai patrons and were always immaculately dressed with flawless hair - #fashiongoals).

Name your 5 essential fashion pieces
Late 60s Hawaiian maxi – I have about 5 on rotation!! Ha ha
Any kind of hair flower
Vintage earrings
Cute heels
My favourite cane handbag
Do you have a special prized fashion piece in your wardrobe?
Yes absolutely!! My 1950’s plumb and white Alfred Shaheen dress that I wore on stage during the Miss Tiki Oasis pinup competition last year in San Diego, the detail and structure on the bodice part is a work of art in itself.

What is something surprising about you?
I’m a cocktail mug maker but I’d choose wine over a cocktail any day! and as far as I’m concerned there is no shame in drinking wine from a tiki mug J 

Do you have a favourite sewing pattern? What is it?


I sew pant legs together – and not the right way.  I can make anything I want out of a lump of clay but when it comes to a sewing machine I’m hard pressed figuring out how to thread it! I prefer to leave it to the experts.




No comments:

Post a Comment