Monday, May 2, 2016

EPITOME OF FLAIR - LENA MARLENE

 
 
Who are you?
 
 Lena Marlene Burlesque and Cirque performer and Head Mistress of Lady Marlene's School Of Arts
 
Describe your fashion style
 
Ecclectic!
Fancy when it needs to be so comfortable and practical when I can!
 
 
 
Who is your favourite style icon & why?
 
Marlene Dietrich. Perfection! Need I say more?
 
 
 
Name your 5 essential fashion pieces
 
A good underbust corset (Gallery Serpentine of course!)
A slinky (easily removeable) Evening Gown
A pair of mile high heels
but also a trusty pair of Capris and a singlet!
 
Do you have a special prized fashion piece in your wardrobe?
 
Costume wise I sure do!
 It's a glorious piece I made from a black satin sheet, 2 shoe laces and 4 safety pins
(I did eventually sew the laces on).
 I created a glorious Toga like affair that, sometimes literally, just falls off but has the most glorious dramatic, sweeping train and plunging neckline.
 My most worn costume I reckon.
 
 
 
What is something surprising about you?
 
How many jumpsuits I own!
 
Do you have a favourite sewing pattern? What is it?
 
When it comes to sewing I am much more a stapling typing of gal. I am terrible at creating from scratch but I excell at making over a Thrift Store treasure.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment