Sunday, May 22, 2016

EPITOME OF FLAIR - EMMA JENNER






Who are you? 


By Day; I’m Emma Jenner : Visual Merchandiser Chanel Qld
By Night; I’m Emma Louise: front-woman of The Sugar Shakers and/or Ella Fontaine – 
Burlesque MC and all round Glamazon



Describe your fashion style. 
Work is professional, but I’m pretty electic on the weekends. 
I love playing with different styles. Sometimes I wake up and feel like wearing a particular colour or style.  
I mix vintage and repro, love designer style...but nothing is more exciting than bagging a bargain!!  
Some of my best pieces were found after a good rummage in a bargain bin!!



Who is your favourite style icon & why?

I Love Paloma Faith - So much Drama! 
Janis Paige wore some fabulous costumes as well as Claudette Colbert, 
but my local icons are: Billie Bosonova, Kimmy Dee (Western WAC), and Kerryn O’Halloran
...........never to be seen in the same outfit twice!

Name your 5 essential fashion pieces
Big gold bamboo hoop earrings
A quality longline strapless bra
A sturdy pair of heels (for on-stage and off)
Love a good jumpsuit
And the rock'n'roll uniform: Black tee/ jeans / cons


Do you have a special prized fashion piece in your wardrobe? 


I have a room just for my costumes which include a number of fabulous 50s dresses. 
I wish I wore them more, but sometimes it makes me happy know that they are mine.......... all mine
My most precious pieces are those that belonged to my Grandma including some crystal jewellery and a pink bed jacket.

What is something surprising about you?....

My workout playlist: I’m an RnB girl




Do you have a favourite sewing pattern? What is it?

No – I often “freestyle” which is problematic because my level of ambition is much much higher than my actual skill level! But I have bought a couple of great-fitting stretch dresses over the years,and often cut a pattern straight from them.
I’m very much that person who sees something they love and says “I can make that”, and I do!  

Luckily, I can get away with a lot on stage!






1 comment:

  1. Oh my wow Emma is one of my closet friends, we went to High School together and still friends to this day! Love your interview series! xo

    ReplyDelete